Wednesday, September 26, 2018

10 years later, this Paramount Sound Train is still in exactly the same dilapidated condition, and they are still trying to sell it. It had no bids on ebay, even though Bring A Trailer had featured it. Costing more to restore than it will be worth has that effect on potential buyers





the only useful things they've done are take a good gallery of images, and by default, let us know that they expect 25,000 dollars at a minimum for it. However, no one else feels the same.

https://bringatrailer.com/2018/09/17/off-the-rails-1929-graham-paige-paramount-pictures-sound-train/#comment-2556160
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1929-Graham-Paige-Sound-Train-/163264833660

10 years ago I ran across a single bad photo of this exact car https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2008/12/1929-graham-paige-sound-train-and-mgm.html

4 comments:

  1. This is the first I've heard of these cars. It strikes me as the kind of car which I feel I shouldn't like but I do. Perhaps not this neglected example, but the restored ones at least. I bet it would be difficult to accurately value one of these. They are very rare but so obscure that they have virtually no following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, you've got lots to see in the archives! They're out there in a couple museums and collections, and I think it's easy enough to say that they are worth over 75k in restored condition, just based on basic restoration costs

      Delete
    2. Yeah I looked through your articles on these cars in the archives. Looks like your site is THE online clearinghouse for information on them. :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks! When I started doing this in 2006 there wasn't much on the internet about them, and I was lucky enough to find one in person

      Delete