Thursday, September 14, 2017

“I was detailing underneath, and when I reached over, the watch band I was wearing shorted out on the starter,” The starter began driving the six-speed Chevelle off the jackstands


"And the car started surging on top of me, like it was still trying to start. By the grace of God, I was able to pull the wiring from the starter and it stopped—then I realized I can’t breathe with this crushing weight on me, and I’m sayin’ my prayers.” By a righteous miracle, Dennis was able to escape from under the Chevelle and walk into his house to grab his old man for help before blacking out.

Dennis was in a coma for two weeks while doctors worked to piece him back together. About half of his face is titanium now, and he’s undergone a wealth of reconstructive surgery; all in all, medical science has done a good job of restoring him.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/power-tours-road-recovery/

2 comments:

  1. And that's why almost anything you do to a car, step one of the directions say "Disconnect the battery..."

    ReplyDelete