Friday, August 25, 2023

sorta good news, or at least, not such bad news.... anyway, here's how the day started

 I went and got a haircut, then, on the way to the post office, I got a puncture in the middle of my tire's tread face. Dead center. 

Could have gotten that plugged, but, for the time spent at the tire place, and the remaining life left in my front tires, I got them replaced. They might have been good for another 10 k... so, about this time next year, they would be bald. Right in time for the rainy season. 

The stuff I can report that is sorta good news, I got them in sept 2021, and they haven't went up much, just 10%. So, about 1/2 the rate of inflation. 



The little compressor in the trunk of my 2015 Hyundai, and the nice little additive can of Dunlop brand fix a flat, 

made a very good seal on that puncture. Serious.... not any air leaked while I drove across the city to get to my Tire Depot. I've been going there for about 25 years. 

So, new tires, fresh amount of tread and they should last 35000 miles before going bald, didn't wreck the rims driving on tires that would not inflate, I learned the factory compressor and fix a flat is good enough to get you up and running. 

And they still, 2 months after learning about the tires I will need for the 69 Dodge, have a dozen in stock around town. I'm still waiting for the rims to get to the USA, and into Summitt's inventory, then shipped out to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment