Wednesday, December 29, 2021

here's a rare look at original owners of a Daytona, but what's more surprising, is that he's alive. She didn't kill him when he traded her 2 yr old LeMans in on it, when she was 8.5 months pregnant, without asking her 1st.


Dee, his wife, said:
We were living in this little duplex, and I was grading papers, as I was teaching at Escambia High School in Pensacola. When he pulled into our carport, the entire apartment shook. I was eight-and-a-half months pregnant, so I waddled out and said, “What is that?” He said, “It’s our new car!”

then she had to put up with it overheating while using it as a commuter while he was deployed 



In Hawaii, my wife drove the Daytona in the heat while I was at sea.
 When we were transferred to Washington State, she drove it in the snow. 
At one time, we had three child seats in the back. 

Every time we moved, I was in charge of finding us a house, because my husband spent so much time at sea. Whenever I looked at a house, I would show up with my tape measure and ask to see the garage.

The real estate agent would always be perplexed. Don’t you want to see the kitchen? The bedrooms? But I would explain, if our car did not fit in the garage, there was no point in looking at the house.






I can't make out the signatures, but they are smartly located inside the uprights and on the air filter housing, where they won't get worn off, but Richard Petty, Bobby Allison, Cotton Owens, as well as the Chrysler engineer who headed up the Daytona project, Larry Rathgeb,  are there

https://www.dodgegarage.com/news/article/owners-clubs/2019/10/on-the-wings-of-love.html

https://www.wsj.com/articles/he-sold-his-wifes-pontiac-to-buy-this-dodge-charger-daytona-11624716001



someone ran a stop light and smashed up the nose back in 2011



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous automobile and equally terrific story.

    ReplyDelete