Saturday, January 01, 2022

I am such a goofball

 I was thinking over the vast variety of stuff I enjoy, and post, and thought I'd mention - so you'd know, that I realize I'm a goofball. Not that there was any doubt, or even not likely that any reader didn't realize. 

Well anyway, 15 years of posting, coming up on 50,000 posts. Have I missed anything that really deserves to be shared? Planes, trains, cars, trucks, bikes, motorbikes, art, poetry, sculpture, racing, blimps, 3 wheelers, Von Dutch, Roth, Gene Winfield, brass era, steam powered, trucking, tractors, trailers, Airstreams, wheelchairs, tires, rims, nitro, engineers, drivers, parking, road construction, kids, women, garages, Rotary lifts, celebrities, Hollywood, music, photographers, parts, petroliana, books, magazines, nose art, bridges, race tracks, trivia, history, hood ornaments, museums, charities, scooters, collections


5 comments:

  1. No complaints here Sir! Thanks for the wide range of subjects that you do post. My daily education.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're sure welcome, and today's wide range includes Dick Van Dyke's bootcamp decision, and the prostitution ring on Diego Garcia in the 1980s. There's simply no way to predict this variety!

      Delete
  2. You sure got that right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see Demolition Derby in your contents list. Have you looked at the history? Did I overlook it? Back in the early 70's when a kid's life had no value, a 14 yr old could drive in the derby at the Speedway 605 in Irwindale, CA. (18/ under class if I remember) Since my family owned a used car lot, finding cars was not a problem. Now I just wished we didn't pick 59 and 60 Cadillacs. Also, there was a thing called Car Football. Two teams would push a small car (VW's were the best- I know, I know!) up and down the infield trying to score. Thanks for your posts- always dead on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, I didn't make a tag for Demolition derby. But I have posted those, and chain races, and figure 8 races.
      I haven't looked at the history, but, they did start the Love Bug with a demolition derby scene https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2013/01/where-can-you-find-andy-granatelli-bill.html and that was 1968.
      I suppose the demolition derby goes back to the 1950s jalopy races
      Wow, you must have had a blast!
      I've never heard of Car Football, lol, that's a hoot! What those bugs would sell for now huh?
      Thanks for your comment and memories of the good old days!

      Delete