Saturday, November 06, 2021

A 1962 Lancia Fulva parked in Italy for 47 years has become a tourist attraction, the owner is now 94, and he parked his car outside his newsstand in 1974, and used it as a depository.

 

"I ran the newsstand under the house for 40 years together with my wife Bertilla," Fregolent told Italian newspaper Il Gazzettino.

"When I opened the business, I was happy to have the Lancia Fulvia parked in front of it because I had the newspapers unloaded in the trunk and then I took them inside."

After nearly five decades, town officials have decided to move the vehicle because it was blocking the flow of traffic and pedestrians, Il Gazzettino said.



On October 20, the car was taken to the Auto e Moto d'Epoca Motorshow in Padua, to display it for a short period of time alongside other classic cars.

After that, the car will be restored and placed in the garden of the Cerletti Enological School, which is opposite Angelo Fregolent's home, where it will continue to be a local landmark. The couple will be able to see it from their window

2 comments:

  1. I had to search "Enological School". It is to learn about wine making.

    ReplyDelete