Saturday, March 13, 2021

ever read something random, and finally something you saw years ago seems to make sense?

 do you remember the movie with Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill, The Man from U.N.C.L.E.? 

In the beginning of the movie was the scene where Hammer, playing a Russian spy, was in one car and Cavill playing the American spy, and the leading actress who Cavill's character needed to get our of East Germany was in the other car. 

Towards the end of that scene the Russian spy grabs ahold of the trunk lid.. 

So today when I read about the Lloyd Alexander:

the Lloyd Alexander TS, the West-German-built Kleinwagen’s top trim. (Kleinwagen = minicar.) So basic was the 600-cc TS that the next trim level down, the 600, didn’t even have a trunk lid that opened.

I now wonder if that scene was dealing with the trunk that wasn't supposed to open (nope, coincidence, in the movie the cars were a Wartburg and a Trabant)

https://www.hagerty.com/media/entertainment/flea-markets-family-car-photos-and-the-tragedy-of-the-fire-scorched-lloyd-alexander

3 comments:

  1. I don't understand your concerns. the wartburg 311 was a "big" 5-passenger limousine for its time and of course it has a trunk lid. Don't compare the 311 with a Lloyd Alexander. It was a other class. And by the way - only cars in West-Germany has no trunk lids - in East-Germany every car was complete! (8-]) Do you know that the sports car version of the Wartburg 311, the 313, won in 1958 in New York the trophy for the most beautyful european car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't express any concerns. So, now, do you realize this is just a blog, a place I type out whatever is on my mind?
      I read about the Alexander not having a trunk that opened, and it reminded me of a scene in a movie, which happened to not even use the kind of cars that I read about.
      So, I am just rambling on, because this is my blog about cars and stuff with wheels, and I wanted to share the info about a west german car that had a trunk that wouldn't open.
      No, I didn't know about the 1958 trophy... see how much there is that I am learning every day?
      Thanks you readers like you!
      It's much appreciated! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Yes Jesse, They, ah. That are indeed helpful. I think?

      Delete