Saturday, November 28, 2020

just thinking out loud here... nothing more than that, I'm not condoning violence - let me be clear

 but if you're upset about things, and want to have a baseball bat in your car or truck, say for example

Just consider this - police, being the assholes they are, and have proven themselves to be 24/7/365 

would it be prudent to instead have a "cricket"  bat and ball

as the 1st reaction to an angry driver with a baseball bat is "well, here's a live one about to lose their mind and riot, lets see how fast we can slap the cuffs on and hog tie this one, maybe we set a new record at the cop shop next to the donut table"

where as I have in my amused imagination, the reaction to a cop coming across the same angry driver and this time, a cricket bat being spotted in the backseat... the following:

asshole cop: (poof! powdered donut breath) "do you know why" 

driver: (clipped britsh royal accent sounding like John Cleese trying to sound extra Britishy in Faulty Towers) I SAY! My good man! Tut tut, what the DEVIL?"

"DO you mind? I'm on the way to the matches!"


you of course may not be able to picture the humor, or John Cleese stating that: 'Deep down, I want to be a Cambodian police woman. 'Is that allowed, or am I being unrealistic?' 

I'm not making that up, he did. He's one of the few comic geniuses alive (Monty Python co-creator) and adorable character in Fish Called Wanda and Ministry Of Silly Walks, Argument Clinic

3 comments:

  1. Only Cleese. The old boy's still got it. This lot was way ahead of the curve. Lucky to have seen it when it was new, and glad it never really gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s from a show he did called Faulty Towers. It’s hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, that's why I wrote "John Cleese trying to sound extra Britishy in Faulty Towers" in the post. I didn't find it hilarious, but I did find it entertaining and funny

      Delete