Thursday, September 20, 2018

An eBay seller is currently auctioning a pair of 1970 Plymouth Superbirds that were stored for over 30 years until he purchased them after a chance meeting last month.


the blue is a 4 spd, 4 barrel, Super track pack, has 27k miles, comes with original spare and jack

Both cars were sold brand new in 1970 at Blouin Chrysler Plymouth Dodge in Augusta Maine

Bboth Birds from purchased from each of the original owners around 1978.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/09/20/two-1970-plymouth-superbirds-parked-for-over-30-years-could-be-worth-500000.html
https://www.facebook.com/groups/996045710517424/permalink/1713264915462163/
https://www.ebay.com/itm/392122524129

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it's unbelievable the great cars that are just tucked away and out of site for decades then surface. They're in remarkable condition. Most of the time they're under half cover or none at all just rusting away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another flipper who will get rich after buying cars from a longtime owner who didnt really know what they were worth.

    which is why my old cars will rust into the ground if i never get the money and time to repair them, no flipper is going to get rich flipping my cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it disgusts me.
      I'm going to give away my R/T I think. I was inspired by a guy with a Superbird, who was so impressed by a young guy in his town who just drools over the car, and washes it, and helps change the oil, etc etc. Kid doesn't even know he's the future owner.
      But someday the guy will die of old age, or accident, and the kid gets the car.
      I'm thinking my old high school shop class, or a local boy scout troop, and they get my full tool collection too.
      Right now a friend is in my will to get it, as he loved the hell out of my last 69 Coronet Super Bee, and asked for it in my will. So, when I upgraded to my R/T, so did he.
      I actually think he simply has forgotten all about it, and I put a note in the will, that if he passes before I do, or forgot all about it and doesn't want the car, or can't come get it, then it goes to the local boy scouts.
      I figure before that, I'll have worked out the details and will give it to the school, or scouts, and avoid all the paperwork entirely, and be able to see some people be very happy to enjoy the car and tools.

      Delete
    2. what old cars do you have, and what are your long term plans for them? Pardon me if we've already had this conversation... I just can't remember much of anything anymore

      Delete