Thursday, October 03, 2024

thank you Kim for donating to the cause!

 

You might be asking what cause... and that is the laptop I'll need to get in the upcoming weeks, as mine is about 14 years old, roughly, and the screen developed a couple vertical lines, then one of the speakers died, the 2nd replacement battery needed replacing, and I can't recall what else, but anyways, I went to Ebay, got a used one of the same model, intending to swap screens and speaker, and keyboard... the stuff that wore out. When the plastic keys are wearing through not just the painted letters, but the plastic they are made of? It's obviously had a LOT of typing... about 50,000 posts. 


Instead I pulled the hard drive and installed it in that "parts" laptop. That worked for about 18 months, and the day before yesterday, it died. So, I put the hard drive back into my original, and got back to blogging, but it's clear to me that it's time to get a new laptop for another decade or so. 

And Kim saw that note I made yesterday about the laptop problems, and tossed a donation into the tip jar to help me out. 

Thank you Kim! 

No comments:

Post a Comment