Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Disney's new series about the Electric Mayhem band has a new trailer, a lot of celebs, and a VW Van




I've been a Muppets fan since the early 70s.... of course. 

Stars include Cheech and Chong, Tommy Lee, Weird Al, Kevin Smith, Morgan Freeman, Danny Trejo, Dead Mau, and Steve Aoki, there are others I don't recognize

The premise is that the rock group is a legendary act from the ’70s that never actually released a studio album. 

Music-industry upstarts are going to help orchestrate their big comeback, and Kevin Smith is making an in-series music documentary about the group.

It looks like there may be a battle of the bands with the Muppets going up against the Swifties and the BeyHives. No, I have no idea if those are real or made up. 

All 10 episodes debut on Disney + on May 10th

in what I think is a funny easter egg reference to the other greatest Hollywood created band, Spinal Tap  the amps the Muppets have go further, all the way to 11.5

5 comments:

  1. Who watches this garbage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, it's fun, entertaining, and musical.
      But I'll trade you insult for insult, since you're not being polite: Quit talking to your reflection in the mirror

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the Muppets.
    really wish theyd bring back the TV show. it was just plain good funny.
    you dont have to have a show filled with foul language or people constantly getting murdered to have a entertaining funny show.

    we have the full series on DVD, that we bought years ago so our kids could enjoy the Muppet Show.
    the show has not aired since 1981, it last aired 42 YEARS ago, yet everyone on the planet can name a Muppet character.

    the Muppet Wizard Of Oz movie is fantastic. if you havent seen it you should watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree... do you have this collection? https://www.amazon.com/The-Muppet-Show-Seasons-1-3/dp/B001R123WE
      I bought them about 20 years ago, and the cases had fuzzy green for Kermit, and fuzzy pink for Miss Piggy, I can't recall if Fozzy's was fuzzy or not. I love that the packaging was tactile.
      Oh, and season 4 and 5 are available on Disney +, they NEVER have been able to put them on dvd/blu-ray.

      Delete
    2. I think thats the one, we also have the pink panther saturday morning cartoon dvd set,

      Delete