Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Lemme vent a moment, and advise you all to not trust dealerships until after you've checked their work

 what you see above, is either an innocent mistake by a professional dealership mechanic, who can't help but overfill my engine oil when I am on the 6th 1000 mile excessive oil consumption test, OR the stacking of the deck to prevent the accurate test result which will prove that for a 6th time that my car's engine is STILL in violation of the warranty 

now, I am so frustrated and mad that I am getting the run around, and results have already been faked on one test, and now this? 

It happens to be one quart from bottom L marking, to top F marking, AND by my estimation based on that distance, this is 1/3rd to 1/2 a quart overfull, which coincidentally, is possibly enough to cause the 1000 mile excessive oil consumption test, which, works against my proving the consistent and consecutive excessive oil loss that an engine under warranty is not allowed. 

faking the test result would (again, it's been faked once as a pass) call into question the valid claim I have to a repair that prevents oil being used at a ridiculous rate, 1.5 quarts per thousand miles, which is more oil disappearing per typical/normal oil change rate of once per 5 thousand miles, as that would be 7.5 quarts. 

See how bad this engine's oil problem is? It's unable to get from one oil change to the next without burning/losing/leaking more oil than the engine holds. 

1 comment:

  1. If the dealer is doing, and documenting that they are doing, the oil changes and you have already expressed concern about excessive oil consumption- Maybe it is time to let things run their course. There is an oil loss issue that they have refused to address by continually postponing repairs with repeating a questionable procedure that does nothing but say it keeps having oil go missing. If it runs dry in 5k then it is their problem, either by warranty or negligence.
    Because I seem to enjoy your frustration - I have a mostly 86 K5 with a crate 1st gen SB 350 90k mile and I loose about a 8oz of oil every 3k+ mile, and I beat the living hell out of it.

    ReplyDelete