Friday, December 16, 2022

Jacob McGennis is turning heads with his truck in San Diego, it's a parody of Border Patrol's iconic look, he's not the only one making an effort to increase the humor out there



He says, “I really want to make people laugh and maybe get some internet clout off of it, so here we are.”


“I did the first version of the design on my truck in June of 2021- since then, I’ve revised the design a bunch of times, made unique THOT Patrol-themed designs for two of my other cars, and sold dozens of THOT Patrol vehicle wrap kits to people around the world,” McGennis detailed. 

McGennis says he has never had any negative run-ins with law enforcement regarding the scheme of his truck and that it has helped him make new friends who work in law enforcement. 

He says, “They’ve always been very positive and they like it and they take pictures. Since I am right on the border of the law but I am within it, and police generally like the concept of it, I don’t get bothered.”

CBS 8 reached out to San Diego police, who said McGennis’s truck does not break any laws as the vehicle does not read the actual words “Border Patrol” or any other official law enforcement agency. 

U.S. Customs and Border Protection did not respond to CBS 8’s repeated questions or requests for comment.

McGennis says, “I've done my research. I've had lawyers that looked at it. This is technically perfectly legal. It’s parody. It doesn’t say border patrol or anything like that on it.”

You can see actual border patrol trucks in the background of pictures of his truck.

He says border agents will take pictures standing at his truck all the time. His videos of his truck around town and at the border have millions of views, and he says his parody account is just getting started.

“Think about Reno 911 type parody. I'm having fun. It makes me happy to see other people happy about something I made,” McGennis said.

No comments:

Post a Comment