Sunday, January 24, 2021

Gary told me his history with AAA and Nationwide car insurance companies.

In my one and only serious auto accident in over 60 years of driving I found that AAA insurance had no trouble trying to weasel out of their policy obligations. 

A fellow turned left in front of me in a rain storm and I broadsided his truck. I was driving a 2001 Nissan Frontier. After I hit him he hit two other cars. He admitted at the scene full responsibility for the accident. And that was in the police accident report.

I notified AAA and they sent out a claims adjuster who offered me $1800 for my damages, after deducting $500 for my deductible. The damage to me looked much worse. They kept pestering me to take the deal. I got the police report and notified the man's insurance carrier and they sent out a claims adjuster. Nationwide was his insurance carrier.

The took one look and had the truck towed to a high quality repair facility and paid for me to have a loan car while my was repaired. The loan car didn't cost me anything and they paid $7,700 to fix my truck. I came back perfect, like nothing ever happened

2 comments:

  1. I never heard of AAA Insurance. I know they use to have a car club with events, and they offer a yearly road side assistance program you can get for an inordinately high price. But I didn't know they had car insurance. Maybe that's a good thing after reading Gary's story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nationwide was on your side. com'on man, someone had to say it. Worked with a guy back in 72-73 that told me that Natioal Motor Club was his insurance carrier and it was really cheap. Turned out he was just paying a membership and did not actually have insurance. But it was sold to him as insurance.

    ReplyDelete