Saturday, July 04, 2020

compliment of the day, I prevented a single mom from being scammed by the But Light Wrap Scammer, of $3000



She wrote in the comment section:

I received a message from a Mitchell Williams yesterday letting me know that a check had arrived for me and low and behold when I checked my mail there was a check for$2550.35 and a letter with it (budlight car wrap) telling me to either deposit it electronically or use online mobile deposit or simply deposit it in my account at the bank then send him a snapshot of the deposit receipt thru text and that there would be a"STOP" put on the check if I failed to contact him at support@budlightdecalcampaign.com or at 619-860-1934 and said for security purposes to text him at that number with my full name,check amount and check number...

 I gotta say I was excited and was gonna deposit it today before noon but then something just clicked in my head to do some research and I can honestly say I had never heard of the car wrap scheme until now (being from a small little town and not being much into the whole online thing)...

I'm just so thankful I found this before I made a horrible mistake that would have done damage to a single mother... thank you


http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2014/08/beware-scam-alert-car-wrap-email-from.html
https://www.onlinethreatalerts.com/article/2018/1/25/beware-of-get-paid-to-drive-concept-by-bud-light-auto-car-wrapping-advertising-scam/

7 comments:

  1. This guy has been blowing up my phone all day he sent me a check too but I instantly notice that the check doesn’t have a water mark and all the names are in different places on the check envelope and fake bud light letter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I a glad you didn't fall for the scam! Stay safe out there! Be careful, and let your friends and family know about this scam so no one else gets screwed!

      Delete
  2. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I'm glad I read this before I cashed the check they sent me. I will follow up with the BBB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I read this, just got the check today from Bud light. What is the motive though seriously?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to get access to your bank account and steal your money

      Delete
  4. I have had this same letter signed Mitchell Williams at 636-345-5183 and received a check for $2550 and some change I believe. I am about to head to Wells Fargo and deposit when I told my fiancé that I should do some research to find out if it’s possible to make this kind of money just putting a sticker on my whip.. cause honestly, if this is actually legit, we were going to sign up for all 4 of our cars! Haha. Anyways, thanks for the heads up people, much appreciated. I guess I got played., just glad that I didn’t completely fuk myself over and caught it before making a huge mistake. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete