Tuesday, March 17, 2020

good news, the price of oil is still dropping, and the price of gas is finally reflecting that, it's down about 10 cents a week for the past 2 weeks. It's down 5 dollars Wed, March 18th, from 27 to 22 dollars a barrel

Above is the price of oil for the past 30 days,

Below is the price for the past week

https://markets.businessinsider.com/commodities/oil-price?type=wti

Oh, and anyone that is upset by the oil industry deciding to bottom out? I don't have any money in this, maybe you do.

I simply understand that there is ONE way to lower the price of gas that I need to get my car to run, and that is when the price of oil lowers.

There is NO other way that the price of gas goes down.

I prefer to pay less than 2 dollars a gallon, and do not understand why the price was under 2 dollars a gallon for 100 years, then after 1999, it's remained at over 2 dollars (here in California, maybe you've been lucky and have lived in a state without restrictions on gas importing)

So, filling up for under 40 dollars a tank? That would be nice. A 12 gallon tank, or 11, whatever it is, shouldn't cost more than a person earns a day to fill, and when gas was around 5 dollars a gallon, that was nuts, they actually had to change the damn rule on how much a gas pump was allowed to sell on a credit card (the old amount was 75 dollars)

2 comments:

  1. For ordinary driver it is a good news... but if this is acting from other suppliers (Saudis & Russia) against US & Canada oil industry then it will be very painful later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, but since that is something I will never be able to effect, in any way at all, I am positively going to enjoy the savings, and realize that those oil company bastards (I even have a tag for that in the long list of tag words down the right side of the blog) will do whatever they can to max profits for themselves, all I get is screwed no matter what.
      There will never be the day when you or I can ever say, "wow, those oil company bastards did something for me!"
      So, enjoy less expensive gas while it lasts, nothing gets better, things only get worse.

      Delete