Saturday, June 01, 2019

Goodyear Dragster Bike, anyone know about it?


Looks like Don Prudhomme gave it a try


the last two lines might not get your attention, but, the mention of Auto World in Scranton PA at the end of the ad ought to give you a laugh! The contact name of Oscar was surely Oscar Koveleski, the lifetime President of the P.R.D.A. (Polish Racing Drivers of America)

the yellow tires on the back are from the Goodyear try at making bike tires in brite colors


https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/auto-world-goodyear-drag-trike.103225/
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/top-fuel-forks.117348/
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/don-prudhomme-and-the-good-year-dragster-bike.64993/page-2

4 comments:

  1. Jesse, never saw the "Drag Bike", or should I say trike? But that's the coolest thing going That I've seen in a while. Speaking of Oscar, back in the 70's my friend Mike and I went took a trip down to see him and his Auto World store. He was very friendly and we chatted with him for a bite and he gave us some P.R.D.A swag. I still have it somewhere around my chaos. Hope to find it some day. Oscar is one cool dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I am staying out front in the comparison between my blog and my contemporaries, in bringing interesting old things no one has heard of out of the history books!

      Delete
  2. Do remember these almost bought one out of the auto world catalog 1972 my dad had a
    Hobby shop then the issue was where to ride
    It and the price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so close to being one of the only people in the world to have one! I wonder how many were ever made and sold... There couldn't have been many

      Delete