Wednesday, April 24, 2019

it's been years, but finally I found another photo of the stuffed plush toy Super Bee, or is it a similar toy... there are some obvious differences


Why does that matter? Because ever since the 1st time I saw this in the 1969 Coronet sales brochure, I thought, why didn't they make and sell those, and then when it was clear that they only had one made for advertising brochures, and no one has any idea what happened to it, I decided that I would make on for myself, to display with my '69 R/T (my car before that was a '69 Super Bee)

The above doesn't match the plush toy below, the number of teeth are differnet, the light blue trim along the bottom of the sunglasses, and what might be a stinger tail behind smaller wings


this is the best of the 3 I knew of


I didn't go and try to make one with cloth materials, I went for styrofoam covered with clay, and then painted. This way if I tried for a cloth one, I'd have a 1:1 size bee to get size measurements from. Trying right away to make this from cloth, and measuing it out right? Nearly impossible for everyone that isn't a sewing wonder

https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2017/06/scat-pack-bee-is-nearly-done.html

No comments:

Post a Comment