Thursday, October 06, 2016

Cool Buick... I did NOT see that coming


There is something going on with the taillights... I've never seen a Wildcat's tail look so cool.

http://www.wheelsareeverything.com/2015/10/8th-annual-winfield-watson-custom-car.html

Jeez, I just realized, Not many people are even going to recall what a Wildcat was... a big ol Buick, a land yacht eventually, but it began as an Invicta, and died as a Centurion. I've seen about 4 or 5 body and tail section styles, this '65 was the best looking, and the 4 pipes are perfectly located to set off the lines and curves of the tail, the bumper, and horizontal trim around the gas cap. 

2 comments:

  1. My Dad had a new '64 Wildcat convertible (I would have been 19 at the time) and that was one fast mother! Fastest car I had driven up to that point in my life!

    You can see it here on Hemmings Family Albums and Four Speeds:
    https://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/12/19/family-albums-n-four-speeds-the-murphy-familys-cars/

    ReplyDelete