Monday, July 03, 2023

last night while working on my family tree research, I learned I'm related to the Dodge bothers. How crazy is that?

 I own a 69 Dodge R/T, have owned a 71 Challenger, an 88 Dakota, a 72 Demon, and a 69 Super Bee... and worked as a photographer at a Dodge dealership and all that without knowing I'm distantly related to the Dodge family. 

14 generations ago John Dodge Jr married Margery Mary Bridges, and that was 7 generations before John and Horace Dodge. 

I think that's a hoot. 

When I did most of my family tree in 2020 during the quarantine, I posted about all the other interesting famous people I found I was related to, Curtiss Airplanes, Charles Goodyear, Erskine (CEO of Studebaker), Ferriss who made the famous wheel, etc https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2020/06/you-can-learn-lot-if-you-have-time-to.html and Studely who made the most amazing tool chest

2 comments:

  1. Genealogy is fascinating, you go back far enough and you're related to a lot of interesting people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the connections. Walk with a smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete