Wednesday, December 08, 2021

it's been a low number of posts this week, here's why

 workdays are longer since the new company I work for allows us to take overtime, and that pays 1.5x the regular pay. 

Getting about an hour a day, well, that helps a lot, about 10 to 11 hours of over time a week. 

It's better than getting a 2nd job, part time, as they normally don't pay well, and if you can work one hour of OT for 2 hours of part time - you're home more - and I'll have more time to blog than if I get another part time job. 

You few who were reading along way back in 2006-20010 know I didn't have much time to blog back then when I was working week day nights, and some Saturday hours

And then this Monday, there was the gridlock, and yesterday I ran a couple errands after work and that was 90 minutes, and today I got a long overdue haircut and grabbed a drive through burrito. Another 90 minutes. So, every day afterwork so far, this week, has been getting off work at 5, then spending 90 minutes before getting home.

When I get home I take about an hour to entertain myself with tv while eating, after I take care of my cats need of food and grooming... you gotta get two cats, not one, so they can entertain themselves and not count on you as their sole point of interaction, keep that in mind if you get a cat. Get two. Spoil them ridiculously too. 

And anyway, yesterday I hurt myself, by sneezing. Oh yeah, no kidding around, I sneezed so hard, involuntarily, that I pulled a muscle, or tore it, or jerked it from it's comfy uselessness between my neck and rotator cuff area. 

I've read that people have sneezed so hard they stopped their heart, or cracked a rib, or spasmed their head into a table top/counter top, etc. Sneezes are forceful contractions of your various neck and torso muscles, as hard as you can clench them, sometimes. Other people "achoo" delicately. Some people can pop their backs with a sneeze

Average age of sneeze injuries? 40 years old, and 81 percent of studies cases were men.  https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1945892418823147 https://www.healthline.com/health/holding-in-a-sneeze#treatment

So, now it hurts to do anything but remain still, and breath very shallowly. The pain in under the left collarbone, at the top of the rotator cuff, under the shoulder blades joint at the shoulder. 

Hurts just right there, no bruising, so no internal bleeding, no change in circulatory conditions, so it's not a blood clot blocking an artery or vein. It just hurts to breath, move, burp, sniffle, yawn, sit down, stand up, and another sneeze? OMFG, I was almost at a sneeze today, and figure that if I had a big sneeze, I'd tear that damn muscle out by the roots with the force, and scream like a axe murder victim

So that's slowed me down a lot yesterday and today. 

So, I'm just filling you in, as I think communication is important. You expect new content, I expect some comments now and then if you get an urge to respond to stuff I've posted. 

7 comments:

  1. Get well soon. I do enjoy the work you do. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your injury, Jessie. I get it. A few years ago I sneezed while on the toilet. Threw out my back. I couldn't stand up, couldn't get off the john. Quite painful and embarrassing, lol. Get better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hell! I threw out my back, I think, about 9 years ago... took me quite a while to get off my knees, and be able to stumble around, but I can't imagine what I'd do in your situation! Yikes!

      Delete
  3. dang.....take it easy man and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You of all people dont owe us an explanation for ANYTHING! The amount of time and love you put into this blog is amazing. None the less, take care of yourself and hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take the overtime money and run! Might not be there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete