Thursday, November 11, 2021

Anybody here, seen my old friend JS Fury? Can you tell me where he's gone? I just looked around and he's gone

 Having a bad memory is a strange thing. 

For about a month, I've noticed that someone was missing from the comments, someone that used to comment all the time. 

I realized today it's JS Fury, and it's been months since he last commented.

It's not unusual for people to go on vacation, or simply not find anything to comment on for a while, and so days or weeks go by before I realize that HEY! Where have you been, I haven't heard from you for a while. 

So this got me wondering, and thinking, and I realized that about the last time I heard from him he helped me post a nice little thing about his dad's WW2 service in B 17s. 

Well, here I am thinking about Veterans Day, and etc etc guys who have told me that their dads and grand dads were in this war or that, etc, and I thought back to JS Fury's dad, and realized, it is JS that I haven't seen in the comments for a long while. 

It's strange, and there's nothing to be done when someone simply doesn't communicate anymore. Like Go Away Garage blogger, who one day simply shut down his site. Some people decide to change what they do, and no one online hears from them again. But others might suddenly POOF disappear, and I realize I have no idea if I stopped blogging stuff they liked, and they went away, or was it a car crash, or what? 

So, then I realized, hey, if I get in a car crash, you all won't have any idea why I quit posting. 

So, I'll tell you right now, if I don't post a last one, a Thanks! It's been fun, but the roads are calling, and I must roam" then you can bet I died real fast. 

I plan to post a last post, thank you all for reading along and commenting. I now think I'll even try to get someone to let you know I punched out, and got planted so I could push daisies up. It's a funny thing, not having closure and learning what happened so you can roll with it, and adjust. 

Anyway, JS, if you're out there reading along, give out a yell so I know you're still breathing, you often commented about stuff in a fun way, and I've missed hearing from you

10 comments:

  1. Been wondering why so few care to comment on the stuff you're posting. I do it more than most, if I think it makes sense to do so, but the lively debates I've seen on other blogs are not a JACG thing.

    Maybe this blog just attracts the silent types....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometime I post something I'm so excited about, and no one comments... like that drone made into a little airplane by the guys in the repair shops, and the kid was sitting in it. Posts like that, which no one else on the internet has posted yet, seem to get no comments. I find that strange.
      All in all, I think that most of what I post just do not motivate people to take the time to comment, and that's fine.
      But it's weird that someone like JS Fury, who has commented regularly for years, suddenly goes silent

      Delete
    2. I enjoy everything you post,every single day I can,but I don't want to flood your in-box and distract you with praise for a wonderful site.
      Never wanted to annoy you with useless information.Just kudos and thanks.
      I hope they never "pave(your)paradise and put up a parking lot"!

      Delete
    3. thanks! No worries, not a distraction, instead it's a pleasure to communicate with like minded people!

      Delete
  2. I sometimes wonder if the owners of the blogs that haven't been updated in a while just lost interest or they died. As far as comments go, I'm getting more and more interested in them in general. That's where questions are answered, more are posed, and a good source of information by people who know more or are closer the the situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly, lost interest in the very time consuming collection and posting of info, photos, and stories

      Delete
    2. I wonder what happened to Jim and Chester's Garage. One day, poof and they were gone. That was one of my dailys along with yours.

      Delete
    3. yeah, August of last year was when they stopped adding mew stuff. Damn shame, they were good!

      Delete
  3. Jesse, I don't comment often, but thanks for the effort you put into this. I'm pretty sure there are lots like me who are quiet, but never miss a day of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for the note! I know you're right, there are a lot of people who never comment, and that's ok. I wasn't soliciting, I was complaining that an old friend had disappeared

      Delete