Tuesday, July 20, 2021

small claims court in 2 weeks

 so, here's a question, 

the process server company went lame and just delivered to whoever was working the cash register.

Didn't bother impressing me with serving anyone in management, or even letting me know they'd done the job ( I emailed today out of curiosity to check that the summons was served ) and then I learned that the 90 dollar fee for serving a summons doesn't include the paperwork getting filed with the court that states who when and where they summons was done proper. 

So, it turns out, it's 90 to serve, 30 to file, and if you need a job done right, you better get a damn good referral from people you know and trust to find someone to do the damn job done right the first time, and maybe get lucky and find you've paid a fair price for good work, you might even be impressed at their expertise and pride of work performed.

When I emailed the process server company to ask what time they closed, I got 3 emails in reply, with three different times. One was honest, and said 5, one was wrong and said 530, and one was lying and said 4 pm, just so they would not have me coming by at the last minute and keeping them around after closing time. 

But I tell you straight, this entire process has shown me that so far, only paying others is simple, and not a damn person who got paid did even a decent job. 

The speedshop did shit work, the process servers may have done the job, but dropped every damn ball on the way, and both of these useless companies failed to do the simplest communication with me, the customer, who was on point when payment was needed. When did everyone getting paid to do work decide to quit talking to the customer by phone, text, or email? When did they all decide to quit giving a damn about doing a job right the first time? 

The process server didn't bother telling me that on the form where I set up the job, there was a couple of lines to be filled in if I wanted to get a notification that the job got done? Or let me know that they would actually do the job right and serve the company owners or managers if requested? 

Everyone that mentions how screwed up the court system is, isn't even half fuly informed, but they are still right. 

Jury duty? Tell people on unemployment that since they are now on the state payroll, show up at the courthouse and do the job.

The only way I see to make this less stressful, is to come up with fun ways of delivering copies of the summons to the speedshop owners and manager to do due diligence in reminding them of their court case date. 

Like, having a great friend pop in, and say, Oh, by the way, you've been served. 

I got a couple other ideas, I just need to figure out where the limit is on a friendly professional reminder stops, and nuisance harrassment begins. 

After all, they college grads running that company didn't know where professional work began and shit work ended, how am I supposed to know where courteous reminders of their court date (now that they've been legally served, all official ) my unofficial reminders aren't illegal, or professional, they're simply stopping by the company that worked on my car and letting them know they are under court summons to appear as defendants. 

After all, they did get throughly notified by the state bureau of auto repair, that they screwed up, acted unprofessionally, and failed to work to the level of state law requirements. (asking a customer to approve work and accept the bill, before doing work aka, installing a new battery without asking me, closing the hood without looking for fit interference, and other stuff) 

So, if you've got a funny way to serve a summons, or know a terrific process server in San Diego, let me know. 

I'm thinking having pizza delivered to the owner, with a summons inside the pizza box, or a box of donuts, stuff like that 

2 comments:

  1. Free pizza and doughnuts are very good ideas. Laminate it and lay it under the food.
    How about getting it delivered with their parts or by the tool guy? Or just in a random box for delivery? Have some lawn signs made and post them on their drive home? A billboard near their shop would be great but crazy expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. once theyve been officially served, dont worry about it.
    if they dont show up in court, you automatedly win. correct?

    ReplyDelete