Saturday, July 24, 2021

Did you know Hearst Autos owns 3 major magazines that were formerly independent, and Bring A Trailer?

 the magazine world hit a wall when the internet arrived, and suddenly the world online delivered free, unlimited, focused websites for the vehicle world

Road and Track and the competitor Car and Driver used to be different, and contended with 
Motor Trend, Automobile, and Autoweek. 

Now Hearst owns Road and Track, Car and Driver, and Autoweek. 

And Hearst can't fill their open jobs https://eevd.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_10/requisitions? 

probably because they are located in Detroit, New York City, and San Fran. Not many people want a low paying high turnover job in the two most expensive cities in the USA, and possibly the worst city in the USA north of interstate 40

4 comments:

  1. I thought David Freiburger was crazy for resigning from being the editor in chief at Hot Rod magazine, to start his on youtube show, but he saw the future coming and got there ahead of everyone else. he knew that with the coming of high speed internet, paper magazines were doomed, he now has Roadkill, Engine Mastewrs, Faster with Finnegan, Junkyard Gold,
    some episodes of Roadkill get over a million views on youtube in the first 72 hours after being posted.
    I still subscribe to Car & Driver, but it gets smaller and thinner every month, as does Popular Mechanics , PM is now down to readers digest size. probabaly be gone totally in a few more years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also subscribe to Car & Driver. Did you notice that they are down to 10 issues per year? They now will combine January/February and July/August into one issue. I would not have noticed, except there were some comments in the issue with the new VW GTI on the cover.

      Delete
    2. I did not notice, as I'm catching up on the two or three subscriptions I still get, down from 9, and I'm not renewing. I never can find time, and they want too damn much for these magazines like Hot Rod Deluxe, and Rodders Journal. Those were great, but I can't find time anymore to read them, so why store them until someday? I'm getting too old for that, it's time to clean u and clear out he garage, and all the magazines I've been storing

      Delete
  2. I was going to buy an issue of National Geographic recently. It was fifteen bucks.

    ReplyDelete