Monday, August 10, 2020

coolest story I've read all week



Wade Wilkin: My first car, a 1967 Dodge Dart, bought in 1973 for $550.

 It had the 318 and it was a fun car, up until I totaled it in 1978. I still miss it. Then one day in 2016, it showed up in my morning newspaper, in a photo commemorating the grand opening of a local store 40 years earlier.

My car just happened to be in the photo taken at the time! I'm positive it's mine from the after-market silver locking gas cap which I installed after somebody siphoned my gas not long after I got the car and the fact that I never saw another one around town like it. I was glad I read the paper that day.

https://www.mopar-forum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9064&start=2580#p882551

2 comments:

  1. That is a cool story. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Gas was going up like crazy in the 70's...some people said it would be more than a dollar a gallon! So theft was a problem. I passed up a 427 and a 454 Vette...who could afford the gas and insurance..damn.

    ReplyDelete