Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Optima race rule on open wheels update


yes, this was allowed, yes, he was the title sponsor, no - the Optima people commenting on my post didn't take the bait and say anything about him sponsoring the race and getting to use an open wheel car.

They also didn't say when the rules were changed making open wheel cars no longer elligible.

They didn't say a thing about factory open wheel vehicles, like the Prowler.

And they didn't send me the link, http://driveusca.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/USCA-2020-Rules_v19.6_final.pdf and say see rule 2. I did that myself. That would simply have ended the conversation.

See, I am rubbed the wrong way when I get told something ( we don't allow open wheel race cars) , and can see that it's obviously wrong (my memory sucks, but, I do recall seeing and photographing the Ridetech Factory Five '33 hot rod) from experiences I've had, at more than one Optima event.

Tell me we don't allow open wheel, and I reply with... umm, you mean the Ridetech car? You certainly do allow it, there it is. BOOM! (cause I feel the need to win an argument when I know I'm right)

Maybe that's because I'm just lacking sophisticated elegant manners... and should shut the fuck up when told what's what, by the people who run their own racing series.

Well, I don't have that manners thing. I'm just a car guy. I don't have a lot of stuff that people who run their own racing series have, like, race cars, company factories, and my own semi trailer that converts to the coolest trackside rest and viewing platform I've seen since Monster drinks was at SEMA with a double decker giving out free ice cold cans of soft drinks.

Anyway, there it is, not that a long line of open wheel car owners was pestering Optima with requests to race. I doubt anyone has asked in years.  But I happened to say about 54 months ago "I'd love to see this Goomba James' incredible Aaron Beck design at an Optima Event" and they happened to be searching the internet for mentions about the Optima event, I guess.

I'd love to hear just what is allowed, like, fenders over the wheels? Or simply nothing that is external to the front and rear bumper, enclosed front back and top with a common vehicle fender.

Are Morgans allowed? Prowlers? Nothing mentioned in the rules to what is excluded, it's all left vague so case by case decisions can be made. That's the way it ought to be.

After all, the insurance people are not showing up to watch the races, they have desks, meetings, power point presentations to attend.

But they are firm on one thing, Goomba James' incredible Aaron Beck design isn't allowed. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on this one, but even when I'm not, I still admire your dedication and persistence when you go at people who for one reason or the other piss you off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... I imagine I have a few people that like to see a rant now and then... it's good for the blood pressure I'm sure! lol

      Delete
  2. Did you mean Aaron Beck design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course. Thanks for the correction

      Delete