Monday, September 02, 2024

have you heard of Jeep ducking, or Chevy sharking? It's new to me



Chevy sharking is a trend that has taken off on social media, where Chevrolet fans place a small toy shark or a foam shark keychain on a Chevrolet vehicle they admire, similar to Jeep “ducking,” wherein Jeep enthusiasts leave a rubber duck on a Jeep as a gesture of goodwill and mutual appreciation for the vehicle 

The practice began in Ontario, Canada in 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic, with Allison Parliament.

4 comments:

  1. There's a Jeep in the parking lot where I work that has a dash full of rubber ducks. I just thought it was odd, but I wonder now if those have all been gifted to this Jeep. It is a pretty nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a lot of Jeeps with ducks on the dashboards, even stock commuters like Compasses. I think some of the owners might do it themselves. "Real" Jeep owners that drive them off road get annoyed if someone puts a duck on their Jeep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duck Duck Jeep, Moo Moo Subaru, Harley Hog, Toyota Yoda, Flamingo Ford, Chevy Shark, Honda Hippo: This is what I've seen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! And you wrote these in a clever way too!

      Delete