Wednesday, November 15, 2023

a dyno test comparing the air filters that cost about 10 bucks, vs those that cost 80 bucks

 obviously the cheap ones were better. 

Obviously it's rare to find real dyno test results that show who makes parts or filters that out perform the competition, and what the comparative power, and cost, was. 

I WISH someone had the guts to do extensive tests, so we could see the wide range of what the other brands do, like Fram, Wix, K&N, but... I can't afford the dyno time. 

https://www.thedrive.com/features/dyno-testing-air-filters-9-to-90-in-my-civic-si-do-any-make-power

3 comments:

  1. That's really interesting. I guess it makes sense that filters that are best at filtering out particulates would be more restrictive to airflow.

    I'd love to see dyno tests of aero accessories. I remember a story years ago that Porsche's wing that deployed at speed produced no beneficial downforce, but increased 0-60 time and reduced top speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the difference between the worst and best is about 2,1%. I wondering how accurate the dyno pad is. I really don't know, that is why ask. Can't this be within the margin of error of the equipment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's less than 2%, it's 2 horsepower. But that wasn't the point, the point was that the PRICE of the filters, was 81 dollars different, and that paying more was not getting better results.

      Delete