Sunday, May 07, 2023

I spent the day in the garage cleaning, organizing, moving stuff

 and installing a pallet rack - not easy to accomplish solo, but, easier than finding someone to help. 

I got a rack for free, well, I had to rent a uhaul truck to get it home... 

I had plenty of shelving to make it useful, because the frame alone isn't useful without something to make a horizontal surface that you can put boxes on... I didn't have a lot of space to work with though, and that made it difficult to maneuver the long beams and get them on the far side of the stuff in the way, up against the garage wall. 

Getting things stacked on the very large horizontal shelf that the rack made above the stuff I already have on furniture dollies, 2 file cabinets, a crate, and boxes of books, means a LOT more stuff can be put on the shelf over those things and trade me some ground space in the garage for the effort to lift stuff onto the shelf. Shelving... very important! 

I worked on it some yesterday, some today, and have spent an hour or to a day in the garage for the past week or so looking through boxes, reboxing, organizing, etc... it's a lot more spacious in the garage now.. but, I didn't spend any time today looking on line for stuff to post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment