Wednesday, March 01, 2023

Did you know that when you use your cell phone to call 911, the cops hack your phone?

 
I don't want the cops, or the govt, hacking my phone, changing settings that they inform me of, OR NOT, and there is no logical reason to unblock the numbers so emergency services can contact me.

That, is bullshit on their part to even suggest. 

IF emergency services wants to contact ME or YOU after a 911 call, they HAVE your phone number, and THEIR phone number is 911. It is NOT blocked. 

So, that pisses me off. I'm getting hacked when I fill my part of being a good citizen and getting 911/the cops to respond to some thing emergency unsafe. In return, the cops hack my phone and change my settings. Not cool. Pisses me off. 

This has been a public service announcement to inform you of something you may bot be aware of

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I think this is somewhat strange. On your phone you can only instruct the service provider to send your number to the other party or not, but the service provider is who actually doing - or not - doing the service. The emergency services does not have to hack your phone to change your setting. All they need is to "ask" the provider to send this information regardless of the setting at your end. Well, the legal and ethical part of the question is beyond me and I fully understand your concerns. I have no idea how does this looks like in the US, but here in Hungary if you call the 112 - the equivalent of 911 in the US -, your number is sent to the operator regardless of your settings. This is a law. The reason behind that is in the eighties when I was a teenager, the number of fake bomb scare calls was extremely high. Every idiot who wanted to have a day off of work, skip a test in school called the police. I remember that time, there was at least two bomb alarms weekly in my high school. Again, it is not an argument, just a technical thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no problem with the govt knowing WHO called them to report an emergency, it's ALL the rest of the info on my phone, and the settings being changed, that annoys me. THAT was what I posted about... not that MY phone number is registered as a helpful citizen.

      Delete