Monday, February 27, 2023

oh damn, this is so god awful uglyfied I'll be washing my eyes with sand and lemon juice for a month. What amount of LSD was used to used to get warped enough to think the grill and bumper look better body colored? (Kill me now)

and the flush mount windshield looks stupid too. WTF were they thinking? Its a Fisher Price "My First Mopar" toy? 






and they deleted the tail panel, trunk Bee, and side marker lights? What else did they dispose of, common sense and frontal lobes?

4 comments:

  1. Smoker's window trim as well. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was interesting that the oldest of the Great 8 finalists for the Ridler Award was a 1950 Mercury, which is the car that won. The last time I went to the Detroit Autorama, there were a few 30's hot rods in the Great 8.

    I thought that a few of the finalists were over-done to my taste. This Super Bee, the Mustang II, the Chevy II and the blue 55 Chevy all had some things that I thought looked kind of tacky. The 50 Mercury was very nice, along with the white 65 Mustang, silver Chevy truck and the copper and black 58 Chevy unibody truck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, I think the tide has turned on high quality Ridler winners... and I wasn't looking, but, did any of the famous builders submit a car? Trepanier? Foose? Troy Ladd? Alison? I don't think so

      Delete
  3. I didn't see any of the big name builders on the finalists. The black and copper 58 Chevy truck came from a sketch by Dave Kindig, but somebody else built it.

    ReplyDelete