Sunday, April 17, 2022

I just got an email from Jim, in response to my asking about his life as a biker

Last Friday I had my first helicopter ride, I had a small stroke.
Ok I cant get my brain to work right and some of my spelling is going to be wrong, (fixed in edit) but I was in the hospital for a few days. My god the nurses seemed to be tag team doubles, I mean two putting in the catheter, one observer, one doing blood pressure, all at the same time.

I got home Tuesday and I had a good day just catching up with what you had posted, so you kept me occupied most of the day and I didn't sit here worrying about myself, so again thank you. (Awww shucks, you're welcome!)

 As for my bikes I started with an Harley 45 when I was 14, after several more Harley's I picked up a Yamaha 650 that just wouldn't die, followed by two Moto Guzzi's so if I  was in public I rode Harley's but if I wanted to get to where I was going it was a Yamaha, and if it was dark out and I really wanted to feel good it was the Moto Guzzi 

In 1972 I picked up a cheep car, I thought it was a granny car that some kid tried to hop up .
It was a 64 Ford Fairlane Thunder Bolt

After that I had a 62 Austin Healey with a 289 under the hood, then a Dodge 400 cab truck with a 383.

So as you can see, I once drove and really liked old fast cars and really do appreciate what you find and post. Just a thought, maybe if you can think of how to find and post rescue copter's might be an idea. (Done!)

The one they put me into was really different then I thought it was. They put my feet into the nose, the pilot was next to my waist and the nurse was behind my head. I always thought that I would be side ways in the back.

Don't change Jess, you are doing just fine as far as I'm concerned. Hell you have outlasted three laptops so far. Thank you for offering to help but I know and accept this is my end time's and I'm ready to go. I have a loved one on the other side waiting for me so don't be sad for me. It's all good.

Jim

Jim, as Casey Kasem used to say, "here's your long distance dedication"  (skip the 1st 3 minutes) where a medic gives a good over view of a medevac chopper, and then goes through some how and why. It was very interesting from the 3rd minute to about the 7th, when I tuned out, as I am looking for something specific for Jim, and that will be the 2nd video, which sadly isn't narrated


this next one has the seating arrangement of passenger/pilot that Jim mentioned


and for this 2nd video, skip the first 30 seconds as all they do is get the engine running, and fail to edit the video (some peoples kids!)


medevac helicopter interiors are a LOT to learn about, and https://verticalmag.com/features/new-trends-in-air-medical-interiors/ does a thorough job


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jess , You didn't need to go out of you're way like that for me . you made an old man cry . I'm not special just an old man that think's thank god we still have a few youngsters like you that's not into a lot of crap . I can only say i wish or hope you find some one like i did . We were married 34 years , She died in 2011 . When you find that one you are done , I'm just marking time until i see her again . Again thank you , you surprised me this morning .
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, phooey. I didn't go out of my way, this is what I do! I learned a bunch while looking into these medevac choppers too.
    I hope I find someone too, but the older I get, the less likely it is. I have lived with 3 or 4 women, and none of those relationships lasted more than 2 or 3 years. One got a great job offer 3 states away and moved, one got tired of waiting for me to get rich, and the other turned into a great friend, but after her dad died, she decided that 8 years of me was enough. Yeah, I don't know if there's any connection, but she was home for a month and then when she came back? Told me to leave her alone from now on.
    Anyway, I left you a bunch of questions in another comment reply, and I hope you reply to them, but no matter what, it's been a priveldge and a joy to have chatted with you.

    ReplyDelete