Saturday, April 18, 2020

1960s Vintage AMT decal sheets, and other mid to late 60s art




pretty crazy stuff from bout 55 years ago, the Woodstock and Monterey Pop era if you were into music.... and damn, they had so much cool poster art in the 60s, if you were looking in the right place for concert advertising.

Art was so prevalent, people even went full blast on their vans, and even old school buses


There's a museum of music poster art in San Francisco I saw on the internet a little while ago... I wonder what all those graphic artists did after the 60s? Maybe album cover art



definitely a rip off of Alphonse Mucha, one of my favorite artists.

https://saintstevensthingery.com/mybackpages/full-sheets-decals-125-scale-model-cars-1960s-vintage-amt-jo-han-pyro-monogram-monte/

4 comments:

  1. Ten-Thousand Electric Guitars Play'n Real Loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those decal sheets take me back! The ones that gave me the most trouble were the fender decals for the Ala Kart, I remember I had a hard time getting the wrinkles out on those curved fenders. Wish I had that kit back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's part of why you look at my blog I suppose... to take you back to the era of Von Dutch and Ed Roth.
      Those kits are still out there, though they cost a lot more, but- don't you make a lot more now than when you were a kid? I guess Einsteins theory of relativity proves out huh?
      Anyway, I hope you get one of those kits, and get lost in the reverie and sentimental mood to give that model another try

      Delete
    2. https://www.amazon.com/Ala-kart-George-Barris-Designed-Custom/dp/B002JPM4EO
      There's tons of model making videos on YouTube, they'll show you how to do the decals right.

      Delete