Wednesday, October 31, 2018

the terrific PPG booth













The smoke from this looked so real! I think it must be solid CO2 / dry ice vapors as it becomes a gas




on the many motorcycle gas tanks weren't many that I liked, but the above artist was spot on, the shape is exactly the shape of a fishing lure








Below are examples of different artists who were all given similar shapes to paint in some camping theme, most seem to be fishing lures


that one above is my favorite




Close up of the details, and they are different on the other side



the photo wouldn't work out better because of the lights in the background







6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sacrificing your money and free time to go to SEMA so we can see these great pictures. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome, and it's not much inconvenience... it's two tanks of gas, 11 hours on the road, 5 days of being Charlie in the Chocolate Factory while Willy Wonka replaces the Ooompa Loompas with booth maidens... and candy with candy paints from the House of Kolor, and I meet cool people, who dig cars! PLUS the Optima Challenge! I'm having a one week vacation from life, in the place that caters to my drug habit of cars, trucks, art, and tools!
      But, well, you know, if you get a feeling that I'm hurting, well, I never turn down pizza, beer, or frappachinos! (not that I normally drink beer, but a person ought to enjoy a cold refreshment regardless of flavor!

      Delete
  2. The multi-colored mountain bike with the pink grips belongs to John Jackson of Not Stock Photography. He calls it "Dirt Reynolds".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, that's a surprise! I wonder why they borrowed his bike for their booth? I've posted his van, and his photography, a couple of times https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2011/12/van-of-notstockphotography-was-back-at.html

      Delete
  3. I follow NotStock Photography on Facebook. He does posters and other work for PPG and they used PPG paint on the bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be darned... they painted the bike? Dang, I need new glasses, I missed that!

      Delete