Friday, May 03, 2024

Someone just wrote about how making you tube videos about cars didn't make them any money, so, FYI, here's the info from Autopian.com that it takes 4 million views to only make 2700, yes, that's less than 3k.


The point it makes, is that it isn't lifestyle level income being generated by YouTube takes far larger numbers than what car videos generate. 

It would take more like 10 million views, monthly, to equal a months pay at a 25 an hour job. Just rough math, don't think for a second I've researched the matter and figured out the taxes or whatever. 

Some people have told me I should try that... well, it's now official, it's not worth it unless a person has an enormous audience. About 10,000 times more than I have. And a person would need a catchy concept to do a better video series than all the people already trying to make a go of it with you tube videos on cars and trucks. 

1 comment:

  1. Jesse, what you do is what I would call self therapy which is really self satisfaction. I think everyone does that in their own way. As for YouTube...I mostly listen to long live music of bands or blues performances in the background while I work on design drawings or research things of interest. Also great for old movies as well. New movies are crap! Last one I went to was Blackhawk Down as that was about as real as it gets. And now that you have told us about the money returns I am blown away. I sure can't see making a decent income using youtube but it's way out of my area of knowledge and will remain that way. Keep doing what's best for you. Age is catching up to all of us so go out on your own terms as I will. Carry on Sir!

    ReplyDelete