Monday, January 16, 2023

Women Shifting Gears Driven by Hemmings is a weekly podcast that features Amanda Busick interviewing inspiring women

 I've now listened to a couple, and I can tell you that if the title were "Amanda Busick interviewing ___ " it wouldn't change much, except that now and then, some men would be included. 

Fascinating people make for interesting podcast guests, and Amanda (uh oh! I'm pointing out that "man" is in her first name, even if it might upset the sexist tone of the podcast) is a good interviewer whose done the homework and research to get the groundwork set for a good discussion of the guest's talents and interests. 

Yes, sexist.. it's ok to be sexist or racist as long as you're not a white guy it seems. Yes, that bugs me when people are sexist and racist. Always has, and I've known a lot of them. So what? Well, it's not like I'm on the wrong side of the argument, that being sexist and racist is wrong, regardless of the good intent that some might have to highlight the underserved. 

Anyway, this podcast focuses on women in motor racing, collector cars, national and international motoring events, publishing, rallies, and STEM education to hear what drives them to contribute their time and talent to the world of cars.

My take away from listening to a couple, is that dad's were the most important influence. Sol, be a good dad, get your kids to do what they are interested in, and help them with slow cars.... slow cars are good for kids. They can go and will go crazy with fast cars later in life, slow cars will get them to "later in life" safely. I know I did stupid shit, and if I had the muscle car then that I do now, I'd be dead, I'm pretty sure of that. 

The mystery of this podcast, is that it hasn't had Linda Vaughn on as a guest. She's got the history of modern motorsports as a lifetime experience, and dang, I wanted to listen to her interview. If you've read her book, you probably do too. Not Shirley Muldowney either

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/women-shifting-gears-with-amanda-busick/id1559369027

https://www.hemmings.com/influencer/women-shifting-gears-driven-by-hemmings-with-amanda-busick

No comments:

Post a Comment