Tuesday, October 04, 2022

after 3 consecutive tests, that proved my 68k mile 2015 Hyundai engine was losing more than 1 qt of oil per 1000 miles, the dealership (!) suddenly found that it magically was fixed, just in time to prevent my engine replacement under warranty. So I used the past 2k miles to see if it was fixed, it's not.


upper right shows the mileage WAS 72832 when they found it magically (after at least 3 tests at the dealership) didn't lose more than .43 quarts in the lower left
 

Here is the mileage exactly 2003 miles AFTER that miracle fix (where they could point to NO thing they'd done that could account for reducing the loss of one quart of oil per 1000 miles


and here is the oil container showing that I've had to add 3 quarts in that 2003 miles, to keep that Hyundai engine topped off. 


That's proof to me, and anyone that doesn't have to get a paycheck from Hyundai, that my engine is STILL losing over the minimum legal amount to qualify as "excessive" oil consumption per Hyundai policy. 

So, why post this? Because now that I've proven that I've been cheated out of the warranty replacement engine, the dealership tells me that in order to prove that it's still in violation of the allowable amount of oil consumption per warranty replacement I have to go through the 4 dealership visits again... and that means at least 2 times where I have to leave the car there at my expense for a rental car, and that was about 200 dollars. (For the cheapest rental car)

Time to consult with Hyundai warranty dept honchos on this. 

1 comment:

  1. My wife bought a new 2016 Hyundai Elantra GT. With a hair over 50,000 miles and two years on it the engine thru a rod thru the side of the block. Seeing it had a 100,000 mile drive train warranty it was covered but they said it would take a couple of months for the repair. So my wife traded it in on a new 2017 Hyundai Elantra GT in 2018. Needless to say, several weeks ago this car blew up from pre-detonation destroying one of the pistons with a hair over 50,000 mile. She has the oil changed approximately every 5000 miles and keeps a log it. A service engine light came on the day before but went out so she didn't think much of it. However the Hyundai dealer said that there was no oil and hardly any engine coolant in the car? It never smoked or left a fluid trail anywhere ever! Once again no lights of any kind other than the brief service light the day before. Backing up a little she had been in a minor accident about six weeks before that broke the plastic on the grill and a couple of other non performance functioning pieces. It never got anywhere near the radiator or any other components of any kind. But Hyundaai turned the 100,000 mile drive train warranty down with almost half left of it because..... it had been in an accident? WTF is that about. I will be going to court with Hyundai in the not to distant future but until we get to that stage I bought her a new 2022 Honda Civic EX-L Hatchback. FUCK HYUNDAI!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete