Tuesday, September 06, 2022

a Model T that hasn't been out of the garage since 1956, and has the most complete factory tool set, and records I've seen


Henry says in his Facebook post:
  
 I could use some input. I am helping the executor of my uncle's estate. 

This 1916 roadster is titled in his name. He was the second owner, and if you make your way through the many photos you will find original documents. 

My uncle had the title transferred in July of 1953. Since the plates on it are 1956, I believe that is the last time it left this storage barn. 

Who can help me with putting a value on it so we don't get taken when we sell it? It's located in Hamilton County Texas


































https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fordmodelt/posts/10166471125355548/

7 comments:

  1. Very cool collection of history with this T. I don't think I've ever seen the covers for the lanterns before. And the storage box on the back is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are only the photos that I chose to post, there are about 80 in total! Yes, those covers? I've never seen them before either! Amazing! It's certainly a rare car that hasn't been picked over by family members, screwed around with by kids playing, etc. One of a kind! Glad you liked this post, I was excited to find this!!

      Delete
  2. Everything that comes with the car might be worth more than the car itself! So much history and so many period tools, notes and accessories!
    What an amazing find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but, without the car, there isn't a reason to admire those things with the story involved, and darn it, I'm all about the story. There are tons of things from model ts for sale, and I don't give a damn about any of it. No story? No interest. It's all just stuff without a story, or history. Like those notes... they only belong with this car.

      Delete
    2. 100% agree!

      Delete
  3. Who in Hamilton? MY suggestion. Find a reputable appraiser who is not interested in buying the car. and get the best estimate. Then list it on Ebay as an auction item with a starting bid at or near the appraised amount. Maybe also Craigslist. I have had good success doing this, More than the appraised value. There are buyers out there. Heck, my bro in law in Baton Rouge notified me about it. We just moved from our ranch in Hamilton. Michael Barnunranch@gmail.com .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. read. just read. Read what I wrote, that Henry, is , oh just read it. I'm not involved, I won't be doing anything you mentioned, and unless you click the link I provided, and did not hide, and then tell HENRY what you want him to know, he isn't ever going to learn it, as he doesn't read my blog.

      Delete