Tuesday, May 03, 2022

seen on today's walk, all within 3 blocks of each other... heavens knows what's filling the garages, but the streets sure do have a lot of interesting old cars here in San Diego


 


here's what it looked like in 2019:


and they are fans of Mustangs and VW vans, they had different one in years prior

and under the car cover? 


Nice! But, I'm not familiar with this, so, is it a Rambler American?




and under this car cover, next door neighbor, I'll guess is a MG


but keep in mind while correcting me, I'm certainly guessing, and am not at all familiar with what I think is a British sports car. 



I don't know why anyone is going to this much effort for a 4 door small block Dart. 



Pretty sure that is a Datsun, and it's interesting for being this old, but still original and not even upgraded with cool rims



6 comments:

  1. Have not seen a "molotov rag" shoved into a gas filler in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might you know, the Rambler America that you showed above, when AMC finishes production, they sold the toolings to IKA, the argentine branch of Kaiser.
    The design was slightly modified by Pininfarina, the motor was repleaced by an inline six, and the rear suspension was totally reviewed. The result was similar to the Rambler in some aspects, but totally different on others. This new car stood in production until 1981.
    If you feel curious, please google "Argentine Torino".
    Thanks for posting, I follow you every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I posted about the Argentine Torino a couple years ago... what a cool car! https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/search?q=IKA+torino

      Delete
    2. ops! I had not seen that post, may be it was previous to my entrance!
      I see you did a complete job, including Nurburgring and the Comahue.
      Now you can add the Rambler photos to make the predecessor of the Torino!

      Delete
  3. You are correct, the white car is an MGA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that Dart was on that Montana ranch it would probably be $20,000..When I moved cross state I had to sell my '75 Dart with 76,000 miles for $100...I couldn't bring it with me and I couldn't bear for it to go to a Seattle crusher..I was the 2nd owner with papers.

    ReplyDelete