Wednesday, September 30, 2026

the Alliance For America's Skilled Trades, consisting of BlackRock, Carhartt, Ford Motor Company, and Google... welcomes 14 new members: AT&T, Barton Malow, Blackstone, Cintas Corporation, DEWALT, Dycom, The Hershey Company, ManpowerGroup, Meta, Microsoft, Milwaukee Tool, NVIDIA, Verizon and Waymo.


Employment of electricians, HVAC technicians and industrial machinery mechanics is projected to grow at twice, three times and five times the rate for all occupations, respectively

To help stakeholders build talent pipeline strategies in their communities, the Alliance also launched America’s Skilled Trades Dashboard, an interactive tool covering 124 skilled trades occupations in all 50 states with more than 5,000 state- and trade-specific profiles, offering new levels of insight in an easy-to-use, searchable interface. The state- and trade-level detail in this dashboard can help policymakers, workforce boards, colleges and local leaders target solutions where they are needed, rather than relying on a single national figure

demand for skilled trades workers outpaces supply: Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas.


I'll just guess and say that entry level pay is half what In and Out start at to flip burgers

2 comments:

  1. I just looked at the pay levels, an apprentice does (generally) make less to start than an In-n-Out burger flipper! Starting off on the bottom and all of that I understand. I did a generic google search for what an apprentice plumber makes after 2 years and the trades really need up the pay scale if they are going to compete with that fast food joint!
    How did this happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In and Out is privately owned, and the owner, the 3rd generation owner, believes in great food, great pay. It's that simple. Make a damn good cheeseburger, charge the fair price, and the line is nearly always out the door... and the company CAN afford to pay 24 an hour... TO START!
      So, the better pointed question, is why can't the plumbing companies pay their UNION employees better? Greed is my guess... but I seriously have never looked into what plumbers make to deal with the yuckiest grossest things in the house, or under it.
      I have done plenty of looking into the In and Out cheese burger company.
      https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/search/label/In%20and%20Out and the owner sponsors, if I recall right, the Winternats at Pomona. Yeah, it's a damn profitable business... from California to Tennessee

      Delete