GRR Speeder No. 11 ( on the right) on display at Rail City Museum in 1956. Both of these vehicles were constructed via the creative genius of Roy L. Sykes. The Speeder was converted from a former White bus
This little coach of the Grasse River R.R.was built with a discarded 1906 Thomas Flyer Model 31 chassis and engine, by Roy O. Sykes.
It was called “Rolliam” for Roy and William Sykes of the family who owned the railroad, with the first two letters of Roy and "lliam" for the two Williams who founded the Emporium Lumber corporations (William Sykes and William Caflisch