Built in 1915 this general store was located in downtown St. Petersburg FL. In 1988 the building was moved to Heritage Village Park
The garage was laid out to a plan from a book issued to Ford Model T dealers to make the most efficient use of their existing space.
Leslie R. Henry, one of the winter members at the time was a former curator of the Ford Museum and past AACA National President, and brought the book from the Ford archives to use in the layout.
This is still very much a working garage and all the donated vehicles... a 1929 Model A Doodlebug, a 1950 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup, two 1925 Model T’s (coupe and TT truck), and a 1940 Ford Commercial Car (pickup) run and drive just fine.
Skip to the 9 minute mark for the garage
The compressor was donated by a member whose father assembled it in 1920 when he opened his own garage. Works nicely and makes that sweet old poot-poot-poot sound.