the No. 24, a five-seat, four-door, four-cylinder 1923 Ford Model T touring car used for track inspections. The Virginia & Truckee converted the $302 rubber-tired, green-and-yellow automobile for rail service by means of a $145 kit from the Kalamazoo Railway Supply Company of Kalamazoo, Michigan. Unfortunately, the car’s operating career was limited to three years. After colliding with a truck near Browns station, it was retired January 10, 1927.