He was on the Naval Academy football team and ran on the track and field team at Annapolis, bought a used Challenger and went drag racing, then after getting to his first command, a mine countermeasures unit, he served two tours in the Middle East.
When he returned, he decided to test his driving skills at the Mojave Mile. He drove a car 200 mph on the desert track in California, becoming one of a select few to accomplish the feat.
He was then stationed at Monterey, Calif., and was assigned to the Naval Postgraduate School in Student Services. There he joined a NASCAR team and began working toward becoming a professional race car driver. In 2015, Iwuji started his NASCAR journey in the Whelen All-American Series and recently was approved to drive in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series.
- Held the record for Fastest 1/2 Mile Late model Hemi in the world (174 MPH in '09 Challenger SRT8) and became the 5th person in the world to go over 200 MP in the 1-mile for Late Model Hemi's (200.9 MPH) with a stroker hemi and Kenne Bell supercharger.
- 4 Hot Rod Magazine Articles (May 2013 and Jan 2014 issues and Aug 2015/Dec 2015 online articles)
- Cover of May 2013 MoparMax Magazine
- 2015 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Driver
- 2015 Road Course Time Trial in Corvette C6 Z06
- 2015/2016 NASCAR K&N Pro Series Driver
How does this guy's duty days not interfere with racing?