Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Here's my response to my car insurance company for spamming my email with this bullshit. Am I justified? Or irrational?




This email was sent to Jesse at Jbohjkl@yahoo.com. By providing your email address, you agreed to receive emails from Allstate. You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to eNewsletter.

(And my email reply I intend to send to my insurance agent):

I now see that by not being informed that by giving your office my email for purposes of insuring my car, that Allstate will now SPAM my email daily.

AYFKM? No, I can tell already, you are not FKM.

OK, so, lets get to the heart of it. Delete my email from your system. You don't need to email me to insure my car, and I don't need COLLEGE EFFING FOOTBALL from my car insurance company.

I can barely register that a sentence like that even needs to exist. It's surreal, like it's 1st grade and someone took random words and put them together with Elmers Glue, because they look funny in that order.

To forwarn all my website's readers, with a clarity that isn't even necessary, I'm including this entire bizarre event in a notification that will allow them to prevent football garbage from being sent to them from Allstate.

Why? Because no one from Allstate notified me that they'd be SPAMMING my email with FOOTBALL bullshit, and whatever else some moron in Allstate Marketing has thought of to spam customers email. I can conceive that there will be an 'easter bunny hidden easter eggs in movies' email, and possibly a 'how to insure against starving demons during Halloween' emails. Sound stupid? So is getting COLLEGE FOOTBALL bullshit from a car insurance company because they have your email.

To be frank, you didn't know I would be upset by college football emails from my car insurance company, and hey, why would you. You didn't get the notification when taking on a new client. I didn't get the notification that my email would be the method that my car insurance company would decide it irritate me daily with spam. So, that balances the customer to corporation failure to notify issue in my opinion

A learning experience on both our parts, right? You also didn't know that I am the guy that has the highest rated and highest ranked car blog on the entire English speaking internet. A billion hits so far, and I'm only getting warmed up.

I'm sure you now have some idea how I can be talked back from the edge of irrational behavior, or something of the sort, as a result of being SPAMMED with COLLEGE FOOTBALL by my CAR INSURANCE company.

I'll look forward to hearing how. Say, what time does your office close? Maybe we can meet there to discuss expectations of a car insurance company and it's insurance related emails, and it's non-insurance related emails, and what a customer can expect by not being told what their email will be used for. I can in turn inform you what a blogger with readers in 203 countries does to inform car enthusiasts of car insurance related matters.

your customer:
Jesse
Normally a mild mannered car blogger by day, and asleep by night, unless clearly bothered by childish bullshit from a company he pays for car insurance.

let me also point out, I got this bullshit college football email the very day after receiving an email from my Allstate agent stating that he understands that I don't want bullshit emails from my car insurance company


Can I be more polite, yes, of course. 

Am I under the influence of caffiene? Yes. 
Drugs? No. 
A full moon? No idea, I rarely am out after dark... it's a lot more difficult to see anything after the sun goes down when you wear glasses, unless you are in a well lit place, like, in front of your laptop whereever you call home
A submariner with a sense of humor to match? Yes. You might know another real bubblehead, have them read this and then ask them if it seems like a normal reaction to bullshit college football spam emails from a car insurance company. I bet you a beer they will tell you it is indeed, not an uncommon reaction. 

3 comments:

  1. C'mon Jesse, tell 'em how you really feel.
    One nice thing about Gmail is I tell them it's spam once and they unsubscribe and dump future emails in a spam folder. I don't expect you to change emails just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't give out my Gmail account email, it's spam free, I want to keep it that way. 14 years now, still spam free. I like that.
      Now, I can click this as spam, and see if Yahoo starts treating all emails from my car insurance company that way, but that's not my job. I'm not getting paid to deal with their garbage. You see, I pay them to insure my car. I do not pay them to spam my email. If they are going to do things for me for free, I'll choose them to wash my car... or change my oil. Those things I'd like someone else to do. Until then, I expect them to do only what they've told me they'll do, and what I've paid for.
      Do you think I went too far? Is this justified? Or irrational?

      Delete
  2. Hell no, they deserve both barrels.

    ReplyDelete