Sunday, August 26, 2018

I never realized Vovlo had made an effort to shape their headlights to resemble Thor's hammer, Mjølner


until I read that they'd made an advertisement they named "Thor's Hammer"


Volvo Cars highlighted its longstanding partnership with the Swedish national football/soccer team. The double-page ad features a visual trick combining a stadium with the characteristic “Thor’s Hammer” headlights of the Volvo V60 to create an illusion that is both a stadium at night and the front of a Volvo.

https://www.adweek.com/creativity/thors-hammer-ad-spotlights-volvos-partnership-with-swedish-football-association/

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, that raises all sorts of questions, such as, who modeled their headlights after Maxwell's silver hammer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're pulling a reference I had to look up.... I know the common and famous Beatles songs, but never heard Maxwell's Silver Hammer on the radio before!

      Delete
  2. The name of Thor's hammer is 'Mjølner' (Mjoelner' to those without æ, ø and å on their keyboards).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I was posting this, realized I should look it up for proper spelling, and then got distracted by something else! Lol.. maybe you recall how easily I'm distracted by some other car thing, they do pop up rather often

      Delete