Saturday, November 02, 2019

Recommended product that I had to pay for and ain't getting any free samples of nor getting any endorsement kickback for... and holy shit it worked great, and you can see for yourself the result on my car's paint, with before and after, and side by side comparison


and a couple close up photos to make it easier to see all the particles of junk on the paint




here's the before, and the blue tape shows that before I got started the car was washed, then rewashed, and there was this much crap stuck to the paint. Then I put the tape down, sprayed that detail spray before hitting it with this Mothers Speed Clay 2.0


it has no clay, it's got a rubbery surface that somehow srcubs the particles of stuff right off the paint, like clay does, but FASTER! Without clay sticking to my hands.


above, no contrast ... below, hit with photoshop auto contrast to enhance how crazy much crap was on the paint, and how much was quickly removed


and to rule out a variance of lighting I rotated the camera a full 90, then 10 degrees


because I hate fake tests I go a bit overboard to prove how legit what I am doing is. Just removing all doubt


a bit of contrast makes that crud stand out


above without any photo shop, show that the sun had set


and its easier to see the side by side comparison toward the bottom of the photo


after I did the entire bumper, you can now see the uniform clearer paint, but compare the clean bumper that has been scrubbed compared to the hatchback


which is also visibly dirtier, even though it was washed by hand twice


so, I heartily recommend you use this cool new gadget. It costs about 20 bucks, 

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing. I'll have to get one to try on my truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Jesse. I have a lot of contaminants in the paint on our Durango, but I didn't want to mess with a clay bar. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete