Tuesday, November 12, 2019

I bet somewhere out there is a great tumblr or blog, of cool and beautiful hotel signs from the 50s and 60s. I haven't found it yet though



it seems to me that this is just another wonderful roadside thing of design beauty, like the rest stops, that paperpushers and bureaucrats have killed off

The 50s must have been pretty cool for anyone that could comfortably taken a couple months to drive a truck, haul a cool Airfloat trailer, and just wander around looking for another place to fish, another place to camp, some new little town diner to see how good the pie was.

https://dailytimewaster.blogspot.com/2015/09/friday-open-road.html

4 comments:

  1. I took the same picture of that Thunderbird Motel sign in Reno, NV some years ago. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My compliments! It's a beauty, and not unlikely that this might be YOUR photo if you posted yours to the internet

      Delete
  2. I took mine from the other side and have a framed poster of it in my garage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there used to be a huge sign in downtoan atlanta visible from two interstates for the Bluebird Truck Stop, and now the sign has been removed and is just a rusty shell laying behind a bail bonding office.

    ReplyDelete