Tuesday, November 12, 2019

On September 6th, Hyundai acknowledged finally using up all appeals and losing a class action lawsuit, for the 2011 - 2013 Hyundai vehicles that had a problem with advertised gas mileage not being accurate. So, they emailed those of us who'd bought one, and said, "check is in the mail"

that was September 6th, from hyundaimpgsettlement@jnrcorp.com and I think that makes it 9 weeks since they stated that they'd mail out a check in 4 to 6 weeks. Seems to me, they haven't mailed the checks out.

All the links in that email (which was a "do not reply" type) are dead links, and even the link on MyHyundai.com that concerns the lawsuit and reparation, is a dead link

Something stinks about this.

info@jnrcorp.com   1 949.476.2788
19900 MacArthur Boulevard
 Suite 700 Irvine, California 92612
https://www.jnrcorp.com/recall-warranty-and-rebate-campaign-management/

FOLLOW UP, Nov 12th, 2:33 pm


On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 02:33:37 PM PST, wrote:

Dear Jesse Bowers:

We always appreciate the opportunity to hear from our customers. We are happy to hear of your concern regarding your MPG settlement check. However, we will be happy to assist you.

We do not have additional details at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are in the process of updating the information on our website. You can check www.hyundaimpgclasssettlement.com for the latest updates.

(this is all it has at https://www.hyundaimpgclasssettlement.com/ )

Below also is the MPG contact information

Phone and Hours
(877) 277-0012
Mon - Fri, 7:00am - 5:00pm PST
Email HyundaiMPGinfo@hmausa.com

When contacting us regarding this email, please reference your case number 16356388. We look forward to assisting you further.

Thank you for contacting Hyundai Motor America and being a valued member of our Hyundai Family.

Respectfully,

Hyundai Customer Care
(800) 633-5151
Monday-Friday 5:00 AM - 7:00 PM Pacific Time
Saturday and Sunday 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM Pacific Time
For open campaign information, please visit: www.hyundaiusa.com/campaignhome

Follow up Nov 13th, noon to 12:20 1877 277 0012

The checks were mailed out Nov 8th.

The guy that answered the phone at Hyundai Customer Care tells me that I am not getting one (see above, top image of the email that tells me I am getting one) and that instead I'm getting a new car rebate.... which means no benefit to me as I don't want to buy another Hyundai, ever. Also, I selected the check, oh, 5 or 6 years ago when the class action lawsuit began.

case number for reference: 16356388

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jesse, I was also included in the settlement and towards the end of last month received a Mastercard to use. I would obviously suggest to reach out to Hyundai if you haven't yet.
    Mike Flores

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! Damn, I had the feeling I got screwed and whatever they were sending hadn't arrived.
      Was it sent registered mail, or tracked? I get the feeling they are going to insist that I recieved it when I haven't

      Delete
  2. It was just sent regular mail as I recall. I remember being pleasantly surprised but didn't really pay attention to the envelope it was sent in. - Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. The phone number fails and so does the email address. I have been reimbursements sine 2012 but only now am I having issues 3-15-2021...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I meant since somewhere in 2014...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure you're referring to the gas mileage lawsuit. This information was only going to be legit until they were done with the lawsuit requirements, then, of course, they wouldn't be expected to keep the phone number or website, or email, running. Once they'd sent checks, that's about the end of the process. What issues you could possible be having with a lawsuit 2 years in history, you didn't say

      Delete