Monday, November 11, 2019

With great pleasure and respect, I present for your admiration, a bicycle. Found ignored in the back of a booth at SEMA, behind stanchions, and why it's displayed with great respect.... the 50th anniversary of the Spanesi company, and it's wonderful founder. (kleenex may be needed)










if that's not the coolest story to come out of SEMA this year, I double dog dare you to find one more moving.

Stories like this are why I have the tag "respect"

https://www.spanesi.com/
https://www.facebook.com/spanesigroup

3 comments:

  1. So many stories out there, around the world, about everything automotive and things connected to it. The very reason why SEMA existe. Orazio Spanesi is a man of the common man who is almost invisible. All those years he put his soul into his profession, and now has his own empire to help the trade. What a story. What a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly got choked up listening to that. Not good to have tears while in the office. Thank goodness for the cubicle walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, by god, you got your money's worth today. Hell if I know when you found my blog, or what you found interesting enough to keep coming back, but now and then I put some great stuff up, and am happy that it finds cool people like yourself that "get it".
      I did issue a kleenex warning. Not too often I need to put THAT in the title!
      And holeee smokes! You doubled down with Paul Harvey too? Seriously, pace yourself! Too many kleenex warning posts at once is guaranteed to cause localized humidity, even rain, from the ocular orifices
      I think I forgot to brag (just a little) that posts like this won't be found on any other blog about cars, I post what I respect - not what advertisers "suggest" or editors, or upper management. I'm the lucky guy to find such stories and have the pleasure to share them all.
      I never got that from magazines or websites

      Delete